- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
OutKast rapper Big Boi will not face jail time following an August drug bust, in which he was arrested for possession of Ecstasy, MDMA, Viagra and a cigarette roller with marijuana residue.
The 36-year-old struck a plea deal in a Miami courtroom on Thursday, Oct. 13, which requires that he submit to three months of drug testing, community service and $2,000 paid in charitable donations. The AP reports that after three months of remaining drug free, Big Boi’s two felony drug charges will be dismissed.
The rapper (real name: Antwan Patton) was arrested while exiting a cruise ship in August, when a K-9 police dog sniffing for drugs alerted to him.
Along with partner Andre 3000, OutKast has won six Grammys. In April, Big Boi announced that he would be working with Modest Mouse on their upcoming album, while he is also expected to release a joint album with rappers Mike Bigga and Pill.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day