- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ever since Lorde took the charts by storm last year, we’ve been smitten with the New Zealander’s haunting vocals, not to mention her signature berry-stained pout and unruly tresses. Just when we thought we couldn’t crush on her anymore, the songstress unveiled a smoldering new ‘do on stage at the Billboard Music Awards in Vegas on Sunday.
Los Angeles hair guru Andy LeCompte created Lorde’s fresh new look, which the seventeen-year-old (make that “seventeen-and-a-half,” according to her) Grammy winner flaunted while accepting BBMAs for Best New Artist and Top New Rock Song. LeCompte began by towel-drying and prepping Lorde’s damp hair with Wella Professionals Oil Reflections. Using a flat brush to blow-dry locks, Le Compte then straightened Lorde’s tresses using a ceramic iron. For the finishing touch, the stylist smoothed hair into place with Wella Professionals Pearl Styler Styling Gel, giving Lorde’s hair sheen and — similar to the singer herself — thoroughly modern edge.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day