- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New year, new Billboard Music Awards. NBC and Dick Clark Productions said Tuesday that the 2018 Billboard Music Awards will take place Sunday, May 20.
The awards show will air live coast to coast at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT, marking the first time the BBMAs will be broadcast on NBC. The network signed a multiyear deal to air the show back in November.
As for who will be up for the awards — which will be announced later this year — the finalists for each award are based on “key interactions with music fans, as well as album and digital songs sales, radio airplay, streaming, touring and social engagement, tracked by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen Music and Next Big Sound,” according to a press release announcing this year’s date. The reporting period for this year’s awards ends in March.
The Billboard Music Awards are produced by Dick Clark Productions. DCP is part of Eldridge Industries, the U.S. holding company whose assets also include The Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Media Group.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.