- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW DELHI – The 2011 Billboard Music Awards will air on leading Indian broadcaster Zee network’s English entertainment channel Zee Cafe on October 29.
“For Zee Cafe, it’s an extension of our brand promise, to showcase the prestigious Billboard Music Awards for the first time to Indian audiences. International music is hugely appreciated by Indian viewers. Bollywood has already started capitalizing on this trend with Snoop Dog featured on the Singh is Kinng soundtrack, Kylie Minogue on the Blue soundtrack and recently Akon contributing a song for (upcoming superhero release) Ra.One,” said Zee Cafe business head Anurag Bedi.
PHOTOS: The Billboard Music Awards
“We are pleased to be teaming with Zee Network as the official broadcaster of the 2011 Billboard Music Awards in India. This is the first time this iconic music awards show will be seen in India and we are excited to have one of the country’s leading broadcasters help bring this great entertainment event to its population,” added Billboard Music Awards producer and Juma Entertainment president Robert Horowitz.
With presenters including Selena Gomez, Joe Jonas and Matthew Morrison, the awards also featured a special tribute to Beyoncé who was presented with the Billboard Millenium Award.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day