- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jessie J knows she’s got a loud voice, and she was all too happy to show off that impressive volume when she performed her latest single, “Masterpiece,” at Billboard’s Woman in Music event on Friday.
She also received Billboard’s Powerhouse Honor, which she jokingly noted meant she was basically getting an award for singing really loud. “A nice way of saying, f—, she sings loud!” Jessie cracked from the podium.
After her acoustic performance, the overwhelmed singer thanked everyone that was at the Cipriani Wall Street ceremony.
“I got signed 10 years ago,” she explained. “To sum everything up, I just love to sing. Everything else is a bonus. It was my therapy. …There are so many people in this room whose paths have crossed with me. What an honor.
“We’ve all had to fight and prove ourselves. I want to take a moment to celebrate every women in this room,” she added.
After noting that this was her “first-ever award” in America, Jessie J concluded, “I never thought i would have this moment in America. This is one of the most incredible moments of my career so far. And thank you for listening to me sing. It’s all I want to do.”
This post originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day