- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Black Eyed Peas are going on a break.
The group said during a recent performance in England that they will be taking an indefinite hiatus from working with one another.
STORY: Black Eyed Peas Rapper Forgets Lyrics in France
“We’re going to be taking a break just like we did after we released Monkey Business in 2005 until we came back in 2009,” Fergie said, as reported by ETOnline.
But she emphasized this is not a permanent break.
VIDEO: Black Eyed Peas Change Lyrics to Include Obama in Super Bowl Halftime Show
“This isn’t going to be the last time you’ll see us,” she added.
Bandmate will.i.am also tweeted the news after the show at Alton Towers in Staffordshire.
“The @Bep will take a break after the beginning…just like we did from monkey business to the e.n.d…but it doesn’t mean we stop creating,” he wrote.
STORY: Super Bowl Halftime Show: Round-Up of Critics’ Reviews
The Peas have released six studio albums together. Their latest, last year’s The Beginning, has spawned the singles “The Time (Dirty Bit),” “Just Can’t Get Enough” and “Don’t Stop the Party.”
The group also includes rappers apl.de.ap and Taboo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day