- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BMG France has signed platinum-selling rapper La Fouine to a worldwide exclusive songwriter agreement, the company announced Monday.
The urban hip-hop star – whose name translates to “The Weasel” in English – is one of France’s most successful rappers. His latest solo album, Dole de Parcours, has been certified gold in France and his previous two – Mes Reperes (2009) and La Fouine vs Laouni (2011) – both went platinum. In 2011, he was honored as best French artist at the MTV Europe Music Awards. La Fouine has his own label, Banlieue Sale, launched in 2008 in collaboration with Sony BMG.
In addition to his solo work, La Fouine has collaborated with such U.S. rappers as The Game and T-Pain and currently works as part of the French hip-hop collective Team BS (for Banlieue Sale) which includes French rappers Sultan, Fababy and Sindy. Their first, self-titled album debuted at number five on the official French album charts on Feb. 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day