- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An 18-year-old Boston man has been arrested for allegedly raping a 17-year-old girl during a Keith Urban concert at the Xfinity Center in Mansfield, Mass. on July 26.
The teenage girl was was allegedly sexually assaulted on the lawn area of the venue while others watched and took videos with their cell phones, The Sun Chronicle reports.
The suspect, Sean Murphy, pleaded innocent to the rape and claims that the incident was consensual. His parents were reportedly expected to post the bail for his release, which is set at $10,000.
Police say that Murphy and the girl met for the first time at the concert and began kissing near a concession stand before moving to the lawn area. An off-duty police officer intervened after seeing a large group of people surrounding them while taking videos and photos. Murphy was arrested shortly thereafter. According to police, both he and the girl were consuming alcohol during the concert, The Sun Chronicle reports.
During the show, 46 people received medical treatment for alcohol-related illnesses and 50-plus people were taken into protective custody. About 18,000 people attended Saturday’s concert.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day