- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Boy George, Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx and Canadian songstress Alessia Cara have boarded Scott Borchetta’s TV singing competition series as mentors.
The Launch, a six-part talent search series that sees unsigned musicians battle to create the next chart-topping song, is being shot in Toronto.
Other songwriters and producers set to help create original songs for the reality TV series include Issues singer and songwriter Julia Michaels, Sugarland co-founder Jennifer Nettles, “Wrecking Ball” songwriter Stephan Moccio and producer and songwriters busbee, Ian Kirkpatrick and Dann Huff.
They join previously announced mentors including OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder, Shania Twain and Fergie. In each episode, The Launch sees unsigned emerging artists mentored as they create a new original song in two days.
The series is produced by Borchetta of Big Machine Label Group, Paul Franklin of Eureka and Bell Media, in partnership with Insight Productions. A format of The Launch will be rolled out internationally later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day