- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Britney Spears’ “Clumsy” is officially out. And if early fan response is a good indication, the track is nothing like its title.
“Clumsy” dropped, as expected, in the minutes before midnight as an instant-grat with preorders of the album its lifted from, Glory. It is the third track on the album, following “Make Me” and “Private Show,” and can be downloaded here.
Spears’ followers got an early taste of “Clumsy” when the track leaked earlier. It’s a club-friendly, hook-filled number with a pre-chorus that lends itself to some of Spears’ past lyrics. The pop superstar sings, “Call me a fool/ Call me insane/ But don’t call it a thing/ Closer to you/ Closer to pain/ It’s better than far away” and repeatedly chants the “clumsy” hook.
Glory is Spears’ ninth studio album and is due out Aug. 26.
Stream “Clumsy” below on Spotify.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day