- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Britney Spears’ Britney: Piece of Me opened in December 2013 at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino’s AXIS Theater in Las Vegas. The original deal was for a two-year run, which would’ve concluded in December 2015.
Recently, though, Spears and Planet Hollywood extended the arrangement to run through 2017. At the time of the extension, in late September, Britney said she relished the “consistency” of her steady gig, finding it “really grounding.”
An extra dimension to the matter, though, is the word that Spears has boosted Planet Hollywood’s annual earnings by “about $20 million,” according to financial insiders speaking to the Las Vegas Sun.
“Wall Street gaming experts say the pop princess has revitalized the property and helped turn its one-time dismal financial picture into a real profit center,” the Sun reports.
For example, insiders say the singer “has been singlehandedly instrumental in helping fill its 2,520 rooms and boosting the profits to nearly $100 million that Caesars is using to modernize the Quad into the new Linq hotel and redecorating and upgrading the rooms and pools at Planet Hollywood.”
A version of this post originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day