- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the classic 1984 video for his song “Dancing in the Dark,” Bruce Springsteen picks a lucky girl out of the crowd to dance onstage with. (Those old enough to remember will know the girl was none other than Courteney Cox.)
But at The Boss’s concert Thrusday night before 10,000 Parisian fans, it was another lucky young lady who took her place: his daughter Jessica Springsteen.
Jessica, born seven years after that video was shot, is now 20 and a nationally ranked equestrian on the reserve list to compete for the U.S. at the 2012 London Olympics. She also is a student at Duke University, where she majors in psychology.
With features that call to mind both her father as well as her mother — E Street Band member Patti Scialfa — the second of Springsteen’s three children was captured by cellphone cameras being coaxed onstage, where she waltzed with her legendary rocker dad after he mimed an introduction to the crowd.
Watch them dance in the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day