- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cali Swag District — the group famous for the song “Teach Me How to Dougie” — is pleading with the public for help finding the person who killed member M-Bone.
M-Bone (real name: Montae Talbert) “was the victim of a random act of violence last night, Sunday, May 15th in his hometown of Inglewood, CA,” the group says in a statement released to TMZ.com.
“As police are still investigating the shooting and untimely death, we ask that anyone with information contact the Inglewood Police Department,” the statement goes on. PHOTOS: Notable names gone too soon
The rapper “was an inspiration to his family, friends, and fans. He was a hardworking, passionate artist and dancer that will be deeply missed,” it adds.
M-Bone was gunned down outside a liquor store on Sunday night at 11:32 p.m.
RadarOnline.com reports that two gunshots were fired at close range.
He was taken the UCLA Medical Center shortly after and pronounced dead.
The “Dougie” dance became popular earlier this year, with even Michelle Obama doing it at a local school to promote her Let’s Move! anti-obesity campaign. Watch below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day