- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Calvin Harris was briefly hospitalized after being involved in a car accident Friday night (May 20).
The 32-year-old DJ and producer, whose real name is Adam Wiles, was being driven to a Los Angeles airport in a Cadillac SUV when a Volkswagen Beetle convertible crossed the center line and crashed into his vehicle, TMZ reports.
“Adam’s transport was involved in a collision this evening on the way to the airport. As a result he will be unable to perform at Omnia tonight. He has been examined by doctors and told to rest for a few days,” reads a statement on Harris’ Facebook page.
Harris reportedly suffered a laceration on his face, while an unnamed passenger in the Volkswagen Beetle was ejected from the car and suffered a broken pelvis.
He was scheduled to perform at Omnia nightclub at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas on Friday, and was also slated to appear at the Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama, on Saturday. It was unclear if he would make the festival performance at press time.
Harris is one of the headliners for Billboard’s Hot 100 Festival in August, along with Ariana Grande, J. Cole, Martin Garrix and Fetty Wap.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day