- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vancouver – No nomination, no performance.
That’s the word from Canadian singer Dallas Green, whose stage name is City and Color.
But the folk rocker back-pedaled after receiving no nomination for his latest album, The Hurry and The Harm.
“Given that I have not been nominated this year, I would much rather see a new nominee be afforded the opportunity to perform,” Green said on Friday in a statement.
He apologized for disappointing any of his fans, but reminded them he will be in Winnipeg, Manitoba to perform in May as part of a Canadian tour.
The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, which puts on the Junos, expressed regret at Green’s decision not to perform.
“The Juno Awards hold Dallas Green in the highest regard. His performances are always captivating and we look forward to him being a part of the show in future years,” the fest said in a statement.
The Junos are set to be handed out on March 30 in Winnipeg.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day