- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mitra Darab has been named senior vice president of marketing at Capitol Music Group, the company announced on April 27. She will report to CMG executive vice president Greg Thompson.
The 19-year music industry veteran arrives from Warner Bros. Records, where she was vice president of marketing for the last nine years overseeing projects by Madonna, Michael Buble, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Regina Spektor, among others. She had previously held positions at Geffen Records, where she began her career in 1996 in the sales department and also served as an A&R scout.
At Capitol, Darab will head campaigns for such artists as Sam Smith, Five Seconds Of Summer and Tori Kelly, liaising directly with CMG’s promotion, sales and PR departments as part of the “Vine” team, named after the Capitol Tower’s landmark location at Hollywood and Vine.
Darab will be based out of Los Angeles.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now