- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An indictment filed in state court charges Cardi B with two counts of felony attempted assault and various lesser charges, including harassment and reckless endangerment. Prosecutors said she’s to appear Tuesday at an arraignment in Queens.
The performer has previously denied harming anyone. A message seeking comment was left with her lawyer Friday.
The 26-year-old Cardi B, whose real name is Belcalis Almanzar, and her entourage argued with a bartender at Angels Strip Club, police have said. They said a fight broke out in which chairs, bottles and hookah pipes were thrown, causing minor injuries to the woman and another employee.
Cardi B had originally only been charged with misdemeanors. Prosecutors presented the case to a grand jury after she rejected a plea deal that would have given her a conditional discharge.
The more serious charges came to light after she was named songwriter of the year by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers at a Thursday night ceremony in Los Angeles. She’s scheduled to perform Sunday at the BET Awards, where she’s nominated for Best Female Hip Hop Artist.
Her chart-topping hits include “I Like It” and the Maroon 5 collaboration “Girls Like You.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day