- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The remaining six American Idol contestants will perform the songs of singer-songwriter Carole King next week.
The announcement was made on Thursday night’s elimination episode, which saw finalist Stefano Langone being sent home.
Among the songs written by King: “I Feel the Earth Move,” “I’m Into Something Good,” “The Loco-Motion,” “Just Once in My Life,” “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman,” “One Fine Day,” “Some Kind of Wonderful,” “Take Good Care of My Baby” and “You’ve Got a Friend.”
Soon after the announcement, King became a trending topic on Twitter, with the majority of tweeters passing on the news and suggesting certain songs for the contestants.
There were some disappointed fans, though: “@AmericanIdol Carole King??? Come on…I love her but there is not enough variety. Next you’ll be rolling out Gordon Lightfoot,” griped a Twitter user identified only as Chessplayer999.
Also next week, singer-songwriter Bruno Mars and last season’s runner-up, Crystal Bowersox, are set to perform on Thursday’s elimination episode.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day