- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Singer-songwriter Cee Lo Green says his semi-permanent show launching in Las Vegas will feature showgirls, pyrotechnics and other over-the-top touches.
The 37-year-old performer, most recently known for his Grammy-winning 2010 single “Forget You,” says he’ll launch the residency Aug. 29 at Planet Hollywood.
At least 28 dates through the end of December are set for the production, dubbed Cee Lo Green Presents Loberace. Some of the late-night shows will run after the “Peepshow” production in the Las Vegas Strip casino’s 1,400-seat theater.
Producers promised a “mind-twisting magic and sexified showgirls,” saying “Loberace” would highlight Green’s flamboyant sense of style.
Green is a coach on the NBC show The Voice. He’s also one half of the duo Gnarls Barkley, which produced the 2006 hit “Crazy.”
Green will be joining a number of recent pop music artists with Las Vegas residencies including Carlos Santana and Celine Dion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day