- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CeeLo Green has dropped the first single from Heart Blanche, his first solo album in five years, due out in November. Titled, “Robin Williams,” the song is a tribute to the late star and also remembers other celebrities who died too soon including John Belushi, Richard Pryor and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
With lyrics like: “We don’t know what the next man is going through/Wish I could say it in a plainer way/We don’t know/Life reminds me of Robin Williams/We’ve got to laugh the pain away,” the song both honors the artist-“heroes” and acknowledges the pain in their lives.
The single debuted on CeeLo’s website in an interactive video in which the lyrics of the song appear in a Google search bar as they are being sung, changing the search results as the words change. The viewer can interact with the video by clicking tabs within the screen, changing the nature of the search from “web” to “images” to “shopping” to “videos.”
Watch the full tribute video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day