- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cher has canceled the rest of her Dressed to Kill concert tour while she recovers from an infection, her publicist announced in a statement on Thursday.
The 68-year-old singer and performer completed 49 dates since her tour began in March before taking a scheduled break in July. Shortly before returning in September, she was struck by an infection that affected kidney function. Cher’s doctors have recommended she take more time to rest for a complete recovery, the statement said.
“I am totally devastated. Nothing like this has ever happened to me,” Cher said in the statement. “I cannot apologize enough to all the fans who bought tickets. I’m so proud of this show. It is my best ever. I sincerely hope that we can come back again next year and finish what we started.”
The affected shows were scheduled through Feb. 4 in 22 cities, including Washington, D.C., New York City, Boston, Toronto and Chicago.
Ticketholders can receive refunds from their point of purchase.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day