- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Don’t you know, happiness is a thing called Joe. Don’t believe us, just ask Cher.
The legendary entertainer is throwing her considerable clout behind Joe Biden’s run for the presidency with the release of a new single, “Happiness Is Just a Thing Called Joe”
The Academy Award and Grammy winner closed Sunday night’s I Will Vote concert with a performance of “Happiness” ahead of its official release on Monday, a rep tells Billboard.
The number was originally composed by Harold Arlen for the 1943 film musical Cabin in the Sky, earning an Oscar nomination for best original song.
Cher, an outspoken critic of Trump’s White House, revamped “Happiness” with new lyrics for Biden, of course, as the federal election campaign hits the final stretch.
John Legend, Pink and Andra Day also performed at the fundraising concert, in support of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris.
Watch Cher’s performance below.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day