- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Brown has been named a suspect in a basketball-related battery incident that went down during the early hours of Monday, May 4, according to Las Vegas police.
The R&B singer was identified as the man who allegedly assaulted another adult male during a basketball game at Palms Casino Resort, according to the Las Vegas police. The man was treated for non-life threatening injuries, which were sustained after a verbal spat lead to a physical fight.
According to the LVMPD, Brown wasn’t the only man who assaulted the victim. After the first hit, “the victim prepared to defend himself and was then hit by another male reportedly with Brown,” the Vegas police’s press release stated.
“Mr. Brown has been given the option of signing a citation for misdemeanor battery, or having the case submitted to the Clark County District Attorney’s Office for prosecution,” the press release reads. “As of this release, the LVMPD has not heard from Mr. Brown or his attorney indicating whether or not he would sign the citation.”
After spending years on probation for the 2009 assault of his then-girlfriend Rihanna, Brown was officially taken off probation in March of 2015.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day