- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With a Grammy and a No. 1 album already under his belt, Brown will be performing less than two months before his fifth studio album, Fortune, drops on July 3. His previous release, 2011’s F.A.M.E. debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, with 872,000 copies sold according to Nielsen SoundScan. His latest single, “Turn Up the Music,” debuted at No. 10 on the Hot 100 and he’s currently at No. 2 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart with his Rihanna collab, “Birthday Cake.” The R&B star is also a finalist in four Billboard Music Awards categories, including Top Male Artist.
Adele, LMFAO, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne are the leading finalists. Adele takes the lead as a finalist in 18 award categories, while LMFAO is a finalist in 17 categories. Rihanna lands in 13 categories this year, after leading the pack with 18 category appearances in 2011. Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne each snagged a spot in 10 categories.
Hosting this year’s event will be Modern Family co-stars Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell.
Tickets for the 2012 Billboard Music Awards are now on sale at Ticketmaster.com and MGMGrand.com. The 2012 Billboard Music Awards will be co-executive produced by Richard D. Beckman, CEO of Prometheus Global Media and Don Mischer Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day