- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“First of all, I want to apologize to anybody who was startled in the office, or anybody who was offended or really looked, and [was] disappointed at my actions, because I’m disappointed in the way I acted,” Brown said, according to a transcript of his live appearance on BET’s 106 & Park that was obtained by ABCNews.com.
Robin Roberts conducted the interview Tuesday with Brown, who was there to promote his new album, F.A.M.E.
Brown said he was “thrown off by” Roberts’ questions.
Earlier on Wednesday, Roberts said the singer is welcome back on GMA (he also is set to perform on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars next week).
“I wish him the absolute best,” Roberts said on ABC’s morning show. “We extended the invitation to him [to come back], and sure hope he takes us up on it because I’d sure love to have another chat with him.”
She also claimed that Brown knew about the questions ahead of time.
“Any time we have a guest, we let them know ahead of time the subject matter and the topics. And even right before the interview I let him know,” Roberts explained again on air. “I was shocked like everyone else, because we’ve had a wonderful relationship. I’ve been to his home, he’s very gracious, and we’ve had easy conversation.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day