- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A judge says R&B singer Chris Brown must remain in jail until a hearing in late April because he failed to remain in a court-mandated rehab program.
Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin said Monday that he was troubled by comments that Brown made during his rehab stay, in which the singer allegedly said he was good at using guns and knives.
The 24-year-old singer was arrested on Friday after he was dismissed from a Malibu facility where he was being treated for anger management and other issues. Brown had been in rehab since November, when Brandlin ordered him to receive treatment as part of his sentence for a 2009 attack on then-girlfriend Rihanna.
Brown’s attorney Mark Geragos asked that Brown be allowed to enter another rehab program, but Brandlin refused and set a probation violation hearing for April 23.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day