- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brown, 27, took to Instagram Stories to assure fans that he’s in good health. He added that every time he promotes something positive within his career, another controversial topic throws a curveball at his progress.
“I’m tired of reading about some shit soon as I’ve got something popping,” he said. “Soon as I want to promote a tour, a party, a f—ing album, anything, y’all bring up something.” Brown recorded a second video to show that his focus is solely on the music, which entails remodeling his home studio. “My weed and my work. That’s all I need,” he said curtly.
Former staff members from the “Loyal” artist’s team stressed that the Virginia native has an addiction to substances like Xanax, lean, Molly and cocaine, which leads to unpredictable behavior. One former associate told Billboard that Brown’s alleged use of a myriad of drugs serves as a healer for his previous mistakes. “He doesn’t know how to deal with the sins of the past,” said the source. “It’s always someone else’s fault. He becomes the victim. And I think he tries to numb whatever he is feeling.”
A post shared by Baller Alert (@balleralert) on
A post shared by Chris Brown (@chrisbrownioficial) on
This story originally appeared on Vibe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day