- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Heavies from all across the music industry turned out en masse for the funeral of veteran executive and manager Chris Lighty in New York on Wednesday.
Held at Mahattan’s Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel, where Notorious B.I.G. and Aaliyah were also memorialized following their untimely deaths, 50 Cent, LL Cool J, Fat Joe, P. Diddy, L.A. Reid, Missy Elliott and Mary J. Blige were in attendance. Busta Rhymes, a longtime client and friend of Lighty’s, tweeted a photo of a floral memorial which read “I love you Chris.”
Video captured at the mid-day gathering and posted on Rap Radar shows dozens of hip hop luminaries arriving and departing from Madison Ave. and 81st St. as well as fans of the acts Lighty mentored and his estranged wife Veronica.
Lighty, the founder of Violator Management and COO of Primary Violator, who had managed the careers of 50 Cent, A Tribe Called Quest, Missy Elliott and Mariah Carey, died of an apparent suicide on August 30. He was 44 years old.
Watch video from the funeral below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day