- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eliminated American Idol hopeful Chris Medina‘s inspirational story prompted super-producer Rodney Jerkins (Britney Spears, Michael Jackson) to put pen to paper. The result: a just recorded single, “What Are Words,” and an accompanying video premiering on Friday at 2 p.m. EST on aol.com. “The song embodied what I’m going through and the promises that I kept,” explains Medina, who pledged to take care of his fiancee Juliana following crippling car accident.
Medina’s Milwaukee audition made him a instant household name, but his fan favorite status didn’t save him from the judges’ wrath — which, in Jennifer Lopez‘s case, turned into a full-on meltdown. How did Chris Medina handle his early exit and where is headed next? THR caught up with the Oak Park, Illinois native 24 hours after his farewell episode aired, and just before he went shopping for a new blazer to wear on Friday‘s Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
THR: How hard has it been to be home and keep all of your Idol experiences a secret?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day