- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christina Aguilera had some big news to share with fans on Wednesday. The Voice coach announced that her upcoming album, titled Lotus, will hit stores in November.
“Representing an unbreakable flower that survives under the hardest conditions and still thrives,” Aguilera wrote, explaining the title choice.
In a chat on Twitter, the pop diva also released the art for the album’s lead single, “Your Body.”
The song will be have a Sept. 14 release, and Aguilera promised a special clip of the video for “Your Body” during the Monday, Sept. 17, episode of The Voice. The music video was shot in August and is directed by Melina Matsoukas, who directed Rihanna’s “We Found Love” video.
The Max Martin-produced song is an upbeat club hit, but Aguilera said there will be a wide variety of songs on her next release.
“There are some beautiful personal ballads on this album. I wouldn’t do a record without them,” she tweeted on Wednesday.
Lotus will be Aguilera’s first album since 2010’s Bionic.
The singer is currently starring as a coach on the third season of The Voice. The blind auditions began on Monday, Sept. 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day