- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NEW YORK – Christina Aguilera and her boyfriend Matthew Rutler were arrested early Tuesday morning in West Hollywood, TMZ reported.
Aguilera, 30, was booked for public intoxication, while Rutler was arrested for driving under the influence (both misdemeanor charges).
Los Angeles County sheriff’s Deputy Bill McSweeney Aguilera appeared extremely intoxicated and incapable of driving home, so she was taken to the West Hollywood sheriff’s station and held until she sobered up. She was released out a back gate around 7:30 a.m., avoiding paparazzi at the front.
Aguilera was criticized for flubbing a line of the national anthem when she sang at the Super Bowl a few weeks ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Prince Harry Is a No-Show on Day 1 of London Tabloid Trial, Set to Become First Royal to Testify in 130 Years
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Warns of the Danger of Speculating About Someone’s Sexuality
The Partridge Family
Danny Bonaduce Says He’s Getting Brain Surgery Following Neurological Disorder Diagnosis