- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Many attendees of Monday night’s Met Gala took its technology-celebrating theme to mean shiny shades of silver and platinum, along with lots of reflective paillettes and beads. A few stars took it to another level and extended the metallic palette to their hair.
Ciara exemplified this approach, sporting a custom H&M gown featuring Swarovski pendants on a chainmail-esque chain along with a bright silver wig. Her temporary hair for the night was as metallic as it gets and was styled in a retro finger wave and pinned with criss-crossing bobby pins. She definitely shone bright on the carpet.
Model Jourdan Dunn, a member of the Balmain Army, proved her understanding of the “Manus x Machina” theme in a futuristic silver gown by Olivier Rousteing, paired with a sleek bob that had been colored a complementary shade of silvery pewter. She is one person who can totally pull off premature gray.
While her hair was mostly blond, Madonna seemed to be sporting some white streaks in it — perhaps highlights to make her look even more Khaleesi-like? And though they didn’t color their locks, the glittering headpieces and hair accessories worn by Kate Bosworth, Naomi Watts and Nicole Kidman gave the actresses a leg up on the look.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day