- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oftentimes the Grammy Awards carpet sees some wild makeup. But this year Lady Gaga was the only one rocking a bold look — her tribute to David Bowie. There was even a dearth of color when it came to celebrities’ lips.
Newly bobbed Taylor Swift was basically the only star rocking a bold red lip, which complemented her hot pink and red Versace ensemble. Virtually everyone else who stepped foot on the carpet — besides a few bright, beautiful pouts on Amber Heard, Mya and a couple rockstar wives — kept their lipstick neutral.
From Chrissy Teigen, Ciara and Selena Gomez to Meghan Trainor, Zendaya and Anna Kendrick, the look of the evening was barely there when it came to lips. Some opted for a rosier blush shade of nude — like Ellie Goulding and Florence Welch — but still the overarching theme was incredibly soft and natural. Considering the Grammys generally has the most exciting looks of awards season, Monday night’s low-key turnout was a bit anticlimactic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day