- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The two music stars hosted the 48th annual Country Music Association Awards on Nov. 5, and they began the ceremony with a monologue that took shots at both Obama and the biggest name in music at the moment, Taylor Swift.
See more CMAs 2014: The Red Carpet Arrivals
The hosts claimed that the country music world is suffering from PPTSD, aka Postpartum Taylor Swift Disorder, a reference to Swift having abandoned her country sound.
“President Obama does not care about Postpartum Taylor Swift Disorder,” Paisley told the crowd, to which Underwood replied: “I’m pretty sure that’s why the Democrats lost the Senate.”
Paisley claimed he recently hopped the White House fence and ran across the lawn in order to ask Obama about his stance on Swift.
Later in the show, Paisley apologized for viewers who tuned in to ABC expecting to see the new sitcom Black-ish, which typically airs at that time. “In the meantime, I hope you’re all enjoying White-ish,” Paisley said.
Video of the monologue can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day