- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nashville star Charles Esten has been tapped to host the 2017 CMT Music Awards, which will feature live performances from Blake Shelton, Brett Eldredge, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert and Thomas Rhett.
The show is set to air live from Nashville at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Wednesday, June 7. Nashville, meanwhile, will return with new episodes at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Thursday, June 1.
Additional artists, presenters and special guests will be announced soon.
“Everybody knows that CMT has a special connection with country music and the incredible fans that love it so much,” Esten said. “That connection is why our show, Nashville, now has a perfect home on the network. It’s also why there is no other show quite like the CMT Music Awards. It’s a show fully dedicated to the fans and an annual chance for them to place their votes for their favorite artists. Besides always being flat-out fun, it’s also always been a stage for magical musical moments — and a place where some of country’s biggest legends have been made.”
Nominations will be announced Tuesday, May 9. Fan voting begins the same day at CMT.com and continues until Monday, June 5, at 12:01 a.m. ET.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now