- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Those planning to wait a little bit longer before purchasing tickets to Coachella this year will have to rely on acquiring tickets through different means.
According to Consequence of Sound, the California music festival has already sold out — and in record time. Coachella ran out of general tickets in 2 hours and 37 minutes, toppling the previous record of 2 hours and 57 minutes set in 2012.
The tickets went on sale Friday (Jan. 10) at 10 a.m. PT, meaning no more passes were available by a little after 12:30. Last year’s festival, which included headliners Phoenix, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Blur, sold out in 21 hours.
For 2014, Coachella brought in Muse and Arcade Fire, as well as the newly-reunited Outkast, as headliners.
Coachella 2014 will be held over two weekends — April 11-13 and 18-20 — in Indio, Calif.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day