- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Coachella on Tuesday officially announced dates for the 2022 festival. Pass sales will begin this week.
The iconic music festival has moved to April 15-17 and April 22-24, 2022, in its return to the Empire Polo Club in Indio, according to the official website. Coachella’s country music sister fest, Stagecoach, will return April 29-May 1.
Coachella was originally set to take place April 10-12 and 17-19, 2020. It was canceled due to the pandemic. California is set to fully reopen this month as pandemic conditions continue to vastly improve due to the vaccination effort.
“We feel April is the right time for us to present the best experience,” Goldenvoice president and CEO Paul Tollett told The Desert Sun.
Goldenvoice, which produces the festival, teased the news with a video Monday on its social media accounts, the first post in months.
The advance sale for Coachella passes opens at 10 a.m. Friday, according to the site. Stagecoach advance passes will be announced at a later date.
Lineups have not yet been released, but organizers told Billboard the reason for Tuesday’s news was to open up Coachella’s payment plan program for fans looking to pay for their tickets in installments.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day