- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It started with a tweet.
The natural assumption would be that she was planning some sort of cameo. Snoop and Dre? Not the most natural collaboration. No, Rihanna was saving herself for Scottish DJ/producer Calvin Harris, who she joined for the middle of his blistering 7:25 p.m. set at dance mecca, the Sahara tent.
The man behind her recent single, “We Found Love (In a Hopeless Place),” Harris drilled the crowd with notable hits “You Used to Hold Me” and “Bounce” before the pint size powerhouse jumped out from behind the speakers.
The two began with “Where Have You been,” Rihanna breaking for several words of affection, before moving into “We Found Love.” They seemed to lose each other for a moment, but there’s little to quibble about when you see a guest that invigorating before 9 p.m.
Harris cooled down his set for a few tracks after that, before bringing the thousands back to their feet for “Feel So Close” — As most everybody was at that point.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day