- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 2011 Coachella Music and Arts Festival has sold out, a week after the lineup was announced and tickets went on sale.
Organizers of the event, which takes place April 15-17 in Indio, Calif., posted a notice on the Coachella website that “festival passes are no longer available.”
That was followed by a tweet Wednesday afternoon saying that “no, we don’t have any passes left to release, kthxbye.”
On Wedneday, an enterprising scalper from tried to make some money off the event. A notice posted on Craigslist advertised one car camping ticket for $500, good for April 14-8. That post, however, has since been removed, but LA Weekly has the screen grab.
Coachella announced its lineup Jan. 18, with Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire and Kanye West topping the bills for each of the fest’s three nights.
Also on the lineup are the Black Keys, Interpol, PJ Harvey, the Chemical Brothers, Duran Duran, Cee Lo Green, Ms. Lauryn Hill, the Strokes, Animal Collective and Mumford & Sons.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day