- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An Oakland woman, 24, died Thursday afternoon at an area hospital after collapsing at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 12.
“We’re testing to find out whether drugs or alcohol are involved in the death,” said Sgt. Curt James of the Riverside County sheriff-coroner’s office to THR. James could not confirm that it was an overdose related death and won’t know the cause for up to six weeks.
Concert promoter Goldenvoice described the death of Kimchi Truong, 24, as an “apparent drug overdose.” Truong “collapsed” at the festival last Saturday, and was taken to JFK Hospital and later to Desert Region Medical Center, a coroner’s office statement read.
“Last weekend, a festival attendee suffered an apparent drug overdose,” a Goldenvoice statement read. “The individual was seen by on-site medical staff and later transferred to JFK Memorial Hospital and later to Desert Regional Medical Center. We are saddened to learn the individual has died. We believe this to be an unfortunate but isolated incident. Our thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends.”
The Coachella festival, held for the second year on back-to-back weekends, takes place in Indio, California, on the grounds of the Empire Polo Club.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day