- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fresh from the release of their latest album Mylo Xyloto, Coldplay are expected to play one of their new tracks, while Jessie J, the British artist who has racked up number one hits in 18 markets will play the EMAs for the first time.
“I can’t quite believe I’m nominated for three awards. It’s like a dream, I keep pinching myself. And being nominated for Best U.K./Ireland Act alongside artists like Adele, Coldplay, Kasabian and Florence is an honor,” said Jessie J.
LMFAO, whose ubiquitous “Party Rock Anthem” has dominated the number one spot on the iTunes chart in 19 countries, will also make their EMA debut.
The Red Hot Chilli Peppers have also been announced in the performing lineup in Belfast. This year’s awards will be hosted by Selena Gomez.
Lady Gaga leads the pack of EMA nominees with six noms, with Katy Perry and Bruno Mars following closely behind with four nominations. Adele, Justin Bieber and Thirty Seconds To Mars are each up for three awards. Other EMA nominees include Foo Fighters, Snoop Dogg, My Chemical Romance, Jennifer Lopez, LMFAO, Jessie J, Beyoncé, Coldplay, Eminem, Arcade Fire, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Far East Movement, Kanye West, Linkin Park, Wiz Khalifa and Kings of Leon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day