- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Friends and family of former Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden gathered together Saturday morning in Delaware to mourn the death of Vice President Joe Biden‘s son.
Coldplay frontman Chris Martin performed an emotional acoustic version of the band’s song “Til Kingdom Come” for attendees before a concluding prayer ended the ceremony. Martin sang solo on the Catholic church’s pulpit, which was decorated with white flowers. Before taking his seat following his performance, Martin hugged both Joe and his wife, Jill.
Both Hunter Biden and Ashley Biden, Beau’s siblings, delivered euologies for their late brother. President Barack Obama delivered a euology during the Catholic mass, and President Bill Clinton and wife Hillary were also in attendance.
According to Delaware Online, Martin heard about Beau’s love for the band and volunteered to sing at the funeral.
Vice president Biden and Jill, Beau’s wife Hallie Biden and children Hunter and Natalie led the funeral recessional of family members and friends while exiting St. Anthony of Padua Roman Catholic Church.
Beau died May 30 of brain cancer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day