- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The tour bus of reggae band Inner Circle crashed Tuesday (June 4) outside Baton Rouge, Louisiana, reports local NBC affiliate NBC33.
The accident happened on I-10 at around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to Trooper Jared Sandifer of Louisiana State Police, the tour bus “went into the median, struck the cable barrier and some of the debris from the crash struck two other vehicles.”
Officials stated a blown tire was the cause of the crash.
The band was reportedly on the bus at the time of the incident, though Sandifer did affirm that there were no major injuries resulting from the crash. NBC33’s affiliate’s website reported that congestion on the stretch of I-10 was heavy following the accident.
The reggae group is currently in the midst of a summer tour, with the next performance scheduled for Ojai, California, on June 6. No word on if the tour bus mishap will affect the band’s upcoming performances.
Inner Circle is perhaps best known for its 1987 song “Bad Boys,” which serves as the theme song for the TV show Cops and peaked at No. 8 on the Hot 100. The Jamaican act has remained a steady output of studio albums and touring since its inception.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day