- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Bean, sorry I believed the gossip,” Love tweeted Saturday morning. “Mommy loves you.”
The apology stems from events which unfolded Thursday, when Love tweeted she’d heard a disturbing rumor concerning Cobain, 19, and Grohl, 43.
“I hear from frannies roommate that @davegrohl hit on frances,” Love wrote. “And that she was curious, I’m not mad at her, him I am about to shoot, dead.”
Cobain issued a statement through Foo Fighters’ publicity firm denying the rumor.
“While I’m generally silent on the affairs of my biological mother,” Cobain said in the statement released Thursday, “her recent tirade has taken a gross turn. I have never been approached by Dave Grohl in more than a platonic way. I’m in a monogamous relationship and very happy.”
Love, who has long feuded with Grohl over Nirvana’s legacy, previously tweeted Grohl had been “sexually obsessed” with her late husband, Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.A representative for Grohl told Gawker it was all untrue.
“Unfortunately Courtney is on another hateful twitter rant,” the rep said. “These new accusations are upsetting, offensive and absolutely untrue.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day