- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Over 21 years ago, the world lost Kurt Cobain. The holiday season can make reminiscing about those who passed especially difficult, but Courtney Love shared a brief, gripping open letter to her late husband this Christmas.
On Instagram, Love posted a Christmastime photo of herself, Cobain, and baby Frances Bean in a Santa suit, writing, “Merry Christmas Kurt, the greatest true love I’ve ever experienced in my life.” Through the sadness, she connected his memory to her love for their daughter.
“You gave me the gift that makes life worth living,” Love wrote.
Last year, the film Montage of Heck was released, featuring never-before-seen Cobain footage culled from home movies. The entire project was carried out under Love’s approval, with Frances Bean Cobain serving as one of several executive producers.
This article originally appeared on billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day