- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Idol is ramping up for some big bookings as season 11 winds down for the year.
On April 30, it was announced that series favorite and season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert would be performing his latest single, “Never Close Our Eyes,” on May 17 and this week comes news that season 7 winner David Cook will debut a brand new song on the Idol stage on May 10.
Called “The Last Song I’ll Write For You,” Cook did indeed write it in recent months. And in what’s undoubtedly a special treat for fans, it will be available on iTunes the same day as the performance, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Cook’s last album, This Loud Morning, was released in June 2011.
Other artists scheduled to perform on the show include Lisa Marie Presley (May 17) and tonight’s guests Carrie Underwood and Coldplay.
Idol‘s grand finale takes place live at Los Angeles’ Nokia Theater on Tuesday, May 22 with the 2012 winner crowned on Wednesday, May 23.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day