- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Deadmau5 will help celebrate the Ultra Music Festival’s 15th anniversary when he returns to the main stage in March.
The superstar DJ, who recently announced his engagement to tattoo artist Kat Von D, is scheduled to perform two closing sets on March 16 and March 23. The two-weekend fest hits Bayfront Park in Miami from March 15-17 and March 22-24.
“I caved in….,” Deadmau5 (nee Joel Zimmerman) wrote on Twitter. “There was just too many of you guys asking me to play at ultra this year, so im doin it for you guys.”
His return was in question earlier this year after he released a video criticizing the event’s hefty price-tag and contractual limitations. “I guess if you want something to change… you gotta change it yourself,” he tweeted.
The EDM-themed fest will also feature one of the final performances by Swedish House Mafia, who have announced their impending retirement. Armin van Buuren is also on the bill, with additional acts to be announced.
The Miami fest is one of several locations throughout the world to host Ultra, including Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Ibiza, Korea and, for the first time this July, Croatia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day