- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Corden and Demi Lovato competed in a riff-off of divas on Wednesday night’s The Late Late Show, set off by Corden’s musical malaise.
“They don’t make ’em like that anymore, do they?'” he said. “Divas back then were just better than divas are today. Know what I mean? They didn’t have Instagram. They just had sass, voice, souls.”
The Smurfs: The Lost Village actress then challenged him to a duel of the divas, featuring Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep,” Katy Perry’s “Roar” and her own hit “Heart Attack.” Corden tried his best to fire back with Tina Turner’s “River Deep, Mountain High” and Aretha Franklin’s “Respect.”
The two eventually made up with a duet of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive.”
Corden also showed footage of Lovato taking on her boyfriend, MMA fighter Guilherme Vasconcelos, during a jujitsu workout.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day