- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Roc Nation has partnered with management company Philymack, the firm founded by Phil McIntyre and representing Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas and Joe Jonas’ band DNCE.
“Phil has built an amazing company,” says Roc Nation founder Jay Z in announcing the alliance. “We sat down and dreamt about what the future could hold if we partnered. Our views aligned on nurturing, growth and allowing creatives to stay true to their voice. That dream we are living today and it’s been amazing for all parties. We look forward to what tomorrow brings.”
Adds Roc Nation CEO Jay Brown: “We believe in Phil, his company, and his vision. He is committed to and has a passion for developing talent. His character and business sense are reflective of the Roc Nation philosophy.”
Philymack and Roc Nation will work together in all areas of the entertainment and music business, according to a joint statement.
The Philymack partnership follows a similar arrangement between Roc Nation and manager Bryan Ling’s New Community Management, home to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and the Strokes’ Julian Casablancas, announced in October.
In May, McIntyre launched Safehouse Records, a joint venture with Lovato, Jonas and Island Records.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day