- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Attorney David Rappaport, whose clients include Diplo and Mad Decent, Phantogram, Cold War Kids and Dirty Projectors, among others, has joined law firm Manatt, Phelps & Phillips as a partner in the New York office. He will also oversee the Manatt’s music transactional practice.
Manatt currently represents such acts as Death Cab for Cutie, Banks and Belle Brigade. The addition of Rappaport will help build the firm’s new artist and electronic dance music (EDM) roster.
EDM has grown into a $6.2 billion business, according to a recent report, and Diplo (currently on the cover of Billboard) is among its biggest stars whose successful Mad Decent label and block party events have helped earn him some $12 million in 2014.
Manatt’s entertainment division, co-chaired by Gary Gilbert, also encompasses film and television, sports and branded and integrated media.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stranger Things 4
This Is Me ... Now